Anyone know of a mains electric connector like this please?

I'm looking for some M/F mains voltage 3 pin connectors. Load end to be chassis/panel mount with hinged sprung dustcover. IP rating not required but might be a bonus. Cover not essential but would be a bonus. Loading will be

Reply to
Nick

I used Bulgin Buccaneer for the mains feed into my onboard car battery charger. The cover for the panel mount plug is screw on, though. Lowish cost, neat and fairly strong.

Dave Plowman (News)

The "standard" one would be CEEform 16A, but if IEC is bigger than you need try the Bulgin range, They do make small panel mounted mains rated connectors

Reply to
charles

Neutrik Powercon:

Dave Liquorice

No dust cover, though. And bigger than an IEC.

I did quite a bit of looking when sourcing the mains one for use with the car battery charger, and the Bulgin Buccaneer ticked all the boxes. It's also fairly water resistant.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - never seen those. Thanks. I'm a big fan of both Powercon and Speakon. The most reliable connectors I know of.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd have mentioned lack of dust cover if I hadn't looked in accesories. B-)

Are they? Different shape squarer. Not looked at sizes or got a ruler out but I wouldn't be surprised to get 3 powercon sockets in the space of 2 IEC sockets. Fairly sure Powercon use the same panel cut out as Neutriks other connectors, XLRs, RJ45, fiber etc. The dust cover will make 'em a bit bigger but still fit a 1U panel.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yup - there's not much difference. The narrow dimension of a basic IEC inlet is 22.4mm - Powercon 26mm. But as you say the Powercon needs just a round hole - IEC rectangular.

Subjectively, when plugged in, the Powercon does look a bit larger than a moulded IEC lead.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)