Anyone else suspect proce fixing?

Door websites?? Can't speak much about internal doors because I have never researched them. But prices for external doors seem awfully similair across the web.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Could it be due to a small number of door manufacturers?

Reply to
Bruce

Maybe it's because doors are pretty standard all across the country. Have you tried a local timber merchant?

Reply to
BigWallop

Local yards have a small and dull range.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

And the manufacturers 'telling' the sellers what price to sell at..

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur53

More to do with the price of hardwood I imagine

Reply to
stuart noble

Quite. With some WBP ply and a router you could make something a bit more special.

used to be a site with a big selection of the best ones, bit its gone now. Still lots online tho.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Not really.

Wood costs are a small proportion of the costs.

As I discovered when I got hand made oak doors direct from a joiner at similar price to mass produced pine ones in the builders merchants.

Its marketing markup.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher