Anyone cut a granite worktop?

Depending on how much you are taking off but is there enough to do a `test` run on the waste piece before you line up for the proper cut.

Reply to
ss

No, things like cookers, washing machines etc - i.e. stuff where 1800W is not going to hack it.

Reply to
John Rumm

He could have made life much easier but cutting from the underside and pushing the saw in the more traditional way.

(also a bit of a muppet taking the guard off the AG)

Reply to
John Rumm

Domestic washing machines, tumble dryers, etc.

V=IR

Reply to
Adrian

The point is we don't.

For domestic usage.

The USA has three phase for workshop and industrial machinery of course

Prezactly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi All,

After much searching..... I am still stuck! When I looked closer at my circ ular saw, the blade size is 184mm with a bore size of 16mm. The good segme nted diamond blades I was going to buy from Screwfix are 115mm and 230mm! N ever mind I thought I'll look for some others... I have searched everywher e and can't find a blade that would fit. The nearest I got was a continuou s tile cutting blade 180mm with a bore size of 22mm.. I assume the 180mm wi ll be fine but not the bore size.

Anyone know where I could get one?

thanks in advance.. Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

/. I have searched everywhere and can't find a blade that would fit. The nearest I got was a continuous tile cutting blade 180mm with a bore size of 22mm.. I assume the 180mm will be fine but not the bore size. /q

JFG 'reducing rings'

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Where would I get the reducing rings? How does it work?

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
lee

/Where would I get the reducing rings? How does it work?

Thanks

Lee. /q

OK I'll bite....

JFG = just feckin google.....

I.e. Google "reducing rings"....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

?

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

No, no - you need this...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

In message , JimK writes

To be fair to the OP, prior to this thread, I would not have known that such a thing existed, or what is was called.

Reply to
News

/To be fair to the OP, prior to this thread, I would not have known that such a thing existed, or what is was called. /q

But did you know what JFG or JFG means?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

In message , JimK writes

Yes :-)

Reply to
News

Yes. It's the mark of someone with nothing to offer except his self acclaimed superiority. You know the sort... Marginally less of an irritant than the LMGTFY 'net superheroes. HTH YVW

Reply to
Richard

Oh no! What does "LMGTFY" mean? I can't think. How on earth can I find out? Umm? Better ask the poster what it means. Or can I, err, google it? :-)

Perhaps we need a non-google form? LMDDGTFY

(For five seconds after first seeing the LGMTFY site many years ago, it had a certain fleetingly passing amusement. Not since.)

Reply to
polygonum

/Yes. It's the mark of someone with nothing to offer except his self acclaimed superiority. You know the sort... Marginally less of an irritant than the LMGTFY 'net superheroes. HTH YVW /q

And your positive contribution to this discussion was......?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I didn't have an answer for the OP. You presumably did, but just decided to be an arse by posting the JFG. My lack of contribution was more helpful to someone seeking help than a terse comment likely to intimidate.

Reply to
Richard

- show quoted text - I didn't have an answer for the OP. You presumably did, but just decided to be an arse by posting the JFG. My lack of contribution was more helpful to someone seeking help than a terse comment likely to intimidate/q

What a load of c*ck Dick....

If you care to read the thread you'll hopefully realise I was the one who introduced the concept of 'reducing rings'

Your 'contributions' have been of no help whatsoever, please don't make a habit of it.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Oops. My oversight. Apologies...