Any other Aga fans, apart from Andy Hall?

Got some literature on the new Aga Six-Four series, (4 ovens, 6 gas burners). Can't find a price online. Has anybody got any info?

Suzanne "Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Eins.

Reply to
SC

You probably won't, Suzanne. As far as I am aware, Aga Rayburn sell only through their base of dealers, so you would need to contact your local one. The dealers tend not to compete geographically or on price.

A couple of things to note regarding the Six-Four series (other than it isn't the real thing :-)

- The ovens are shaped quite differently to the conventional Aga - being 440mm high as opposed to 254mm. However, they are only 250mm deep which is quite shallow, vs. the 495mm to 530mm of the conventional Aga. This may well not be a problem for you if you are used to a gas/electric modern cooker. For certain operations, and they always cite cooking a turkey, the Six Four does not have the same capacity.

- If you want to build the unit into an alcove, there is a requirement to leave 60mm horizontally on each side to the side walls.

I have only taken a brief look at the Six Four series and it seemed to be as well made as the traditional Aga. Do take a look though. The ovens are not cast iron, for example, so cleaning will be similar to other gas/electric cookers.

I did take a look at the Masterchef at one point, and in comparison, it was very poorly made - plastic handles and quite flimsy metalwork. I am not quite sure what they are doing by selling it, because the quality is not up to the rest of the brand.

Certainly it's worth going to take a look at your local dealers though....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes I noticed aga ads for cookers with gas burners. Well done aga chaps! This means that the aga has finally arrived in the 20th century, as the rest of us slip into the 21st. Only 100 years out of date.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

I think wheels are SO 'passe' don't you?

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why?