Any Alien CCTV DVR users here?

Hi all,

A couple of mates have the Alien Mega Hero CCTV DVRs (one 4, one 8 port) and I've helped one of them set his (8 port) up and we can access it from a browser over the LAN and the Android app over the WAN.

(no connection etc).

However, we can't get the Windows client to connect (or the Widget) and when you run the Widget it eventually times out with an error box that suggests it's trying to access the wrong ip address. The problem is we have not seen any way of changing the ip address, either during the software setup or afterwards (On W7/10 so far, even though the instructions reference a 'Setup' button, GoTo p36 here):

I've even looked in some of the .ini files in the application directory and whilst I have seen some stuff, nothing relating to the address.

It was too late for any telephone support and we can't find anything pertinent when Googling.

There is a secondary question re setting the storage on a NAS that seems to use 'Net-HDD' and whilst you can see an open share on a D-Link NAS and write files to it (from Linux or Windows), we can't seem to get the DVR to see it?

Mate with the 4 port DVR is all Mac and his client app seems to work ok.

So, we have probably missed something so wondered if anyone here had played with these things (the Alien DVR Windows client in particular)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Rod might be one.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No, don't (but that would explain a few things). ;-)

As it happens re getting the Windows client going was that the password they were asking for was unique to the software and not the same as any other password, default, changed or otherwise. ;-(

Then, once you have the client running you can then add the real DVR and that in turn seems to (also / partially) configure the Widget.

So we only have to get the DVR to see the Netgear NAS now. (Just for the S&G's really. It could mean you could have a tiny SSD in the DVR itself (for configs etc) and have the data stored on a NAS with say RAID 1, stashed away somewhere safe / hidden).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Where did you get them from? Just out of interest.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I think one was bought from a trade (only) supplier of such things and the other, just somewhere on the net, that didn't seem much more expensive, all things considered (I wasn't party to either purchase as such).

I can find out if it would be of use Bill or do you sell such things?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You're be far better off using the Hikvision Software, AlienDVR are sold by a company based in Chesterfield, they are Hikvision DVR's just re-badged.

Regards Dale

Reply to
dale76uk

Only two years ago or so this time. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff