Ants! No ants.

10% boric acid, 90% icing sugar, saturated solution absorbed into a cotton wool ball on a sheet of plastic on the kitchen floor. 3 or 4 days of ant smorgasbord, and now ... no ants.
Reply to
Huge

Bet that ponged a bit while sitting there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

The ant killer I have is permethrin. Seems pretty efficient if I wait until I know where the queens are.

Any reason I shouldn't use it?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Some recipes say to use borax?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Indeed. I did a lot of reading and the conclusion I came to was that boric acid was more efffective.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks, it's at £10 / kg on ebay.....

Reply to
Fredxxx

A kilo is enough to kill all the ants in the world. I made up some bait with 1 tsp of boric acid & 9 of icing sugar and still have enough to last for years, and I only bought 100g of boric acid.

Reply to
Huge