Another wind farm shut down

I suspect the risk to life and limb of several windfarms failing at the same time is measurably smaller than a similarly scaled failure in a nuclear power station.

Moral of the story - don't walk under wind turbines in a gale.

Matt

Reply to
larkim

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

At last we have the real truth. You're a nimby.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Oh the ones where suicides do the leapy bit?

that claim lives every year?

GENERALLY there are signs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When it comes to windmills, I am a NIABY. If not a NA.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The IPCC is now discredited, have you not heard. Why have there been 354 changes to AR 4 since the publication deadline of December 2005?. Fixing mistakes?

Matty F

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:06:08 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be Matty F wrote this:-

Wrong. Some people claim that the IPCC is discredited. Some people always have, but the claims remain untrue.

Next.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:40:51 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be "Man at B&Q" wrote this:-

There are also warning signs.

Railway platforms with trains passing through are rather more dangerous than wind farms. Talking about his "Black Dog" Winston Churchill said that he always kept well away from the edge of platforms when a train was passing through.

I have visited one of the largest wind farms in the UK and there are signs there, warning of a number of things including ice being thrown from the blades. I am entirely happy to stand under the blades, if one did fail then it might kill me, but that chances of that happening are down in the noise, along with the chances of a train being derailed just before it passes through a station and killing me. Both are possible, but highly unlikely.

I have also crossed the A1, on a level crossing where there were no warning signs fore me to read and where vehicles were being driven at high speed.

Reply to
David Hansen