Another thing about electric cars

<snip>

I suspect you think that policemen are getting younger too.

Both beliefs are a good indication that care homes are calling your name.

Reply to
Fredxx

But if "your" car can be whizzing around carrying other people instead of preventing your drive getting wet - and making money doing it ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Don't underestimate the pangs of nostalgia that have driven the past few years. It won't be long before we're all raving about 525 line B&W TV

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I have exactly the same problem, 2 or 3 times a year I need to drive with my harp and other luggage from Surrey to Edinburgh. I thought of hiring a car for those longb journeys, but then discovered it's not easy to do if you are 80. And then there's the touring summer holiday ....

Reply to
charles

From Olympia, which has incredibly long platforms. At the other end the cars were covered in brake dust and frequently wouldn't start.

Reply to
Andrew

You can get to Taunton by GWR and hire a car when you get there, or get a taxi if feasible.

Reply to
Andrew

In message <rq2phb$11ml$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>, Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com writes

IIRC, the V50 was built on the same under pinnings as a Focus, so there are likely to be a few common components.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Only if you're a Yank.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I don't recall ever seeing it.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You wouldn't get there then.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I used to in TV Centre. My little bit did the standards conversion needed to allow the UK's 405 line viewers to watch.

Reply to
charles

It isn't usually necessary because even a half full tank gives plenty of miles. Unlike a totally full battery.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Quite a few. This government has largely fallen for the greenie lies.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

525 was what the Yanks used.
Reply to
Tim Streater

So tell us how often you make a return trip in one go of more than 250 miles? Even more so last minute.

Most half decent EVs claim a range of more than that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

This isn't the Daily Mail. Or rather, not always.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

and when you get it back you can - as spinal taps drummer did - drown in

*someone elses* vomit.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman (News) explained :

There is a world of difference between parking meters, needing zero infrastructure, or running fibre down the street and that of providing lots of 100+ amp supplies at the side of roads every few yards - like generation, distribution, sub-stations, plus major and expensive improvements in the distribution network.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Not to mention the copper wombles getting an early christmas present...

Reply to
Ian <$

that is why we needed Standards Conversion.

Reply to
charles