Annoying Christmas presents

treading on something sharp or unpleasant underfoot.

Or even worse, stubbing a little toe on that piece of timber that you forgot was near the bathroom door at the top of the stairs, but hidden in the gloom.

Reply to
Andrew

Such as the exposed carpet gripper on the stairs here :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andrew

I use the central heating to keep the bedroom at a reasonable temperture. Don't then need an electric blanket. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought that was sandals.

Reply to
newshound

Doesn't work with mine.

Reply to
newshound

And I say "bollocks!" to that one because oddly, sandals hurt my feet without socks.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I say more than bollocks, mine has two words one of which is "off".

Reply to
Tim Streater

me too

I don't get how it is supposed to work either

However, I solve the problem by never wearing sandals

tim

Reply to
tim...

I use Lidl's fleece lined Crocs. Good for indoors, and also out if dry weather.

Reply to
Capitol

That's it - spill the beans.

You know that women might read this newsgroup and get ideas of their own!

Reply to
ARW

... before shaking their heads in bewilderment and skipping away to the relative safety of mummysnet for the big decisions of teddybears or bunnyrabbits for the wallpaper (probably choosing bunnyrabbits in the hope little Joshua will grow up to be a vet)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

... the best sort of beakers for the bedside cabinet.

Reply to
Andy Burns

And it's NOT my fault he graduated as a lawyer. The bunnyrabbit wall paper is still in the wardrobe and I'll fit it when I have the time AND when you stop nagging about me fitting it.

Reply to
ARW

More likely is they'd come here hoping to read about DIY topics. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Another failure for hope over experience!

Reply to
Capitol

Took my wife ten years to convince me we needed a dog. That was nearly seven years ago now, and no regrets. Dog is walked twice a day, every day and, particularly since retiring, means I get a decent walk every day too, whatever the weather. Would be too easy to look at the rain and decide not to bother, were it not for the dog.

Reply to
Graeme

We still go for a walk every day, without the necessity to pick up shit.

Reply to
Huge

And without having to worry whether the dog has rolled in something.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Another animal's shit, for example.

Reply to