Angle grinders anyone?

"Paramedics have urged home renovators to take extra care with power tools after treating 17 men for angle-grinder injuries in Victoria in the past two months."

Tony Bryer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tony Bryer saying something like:

"Another man was wearing thongs when he dropped an angle grinder on to his toe, while in another case a man had been drinking alcohol before using the machine."

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I'm scared of mine.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Agreed. Probably the tool I am most wary of. Dealt with a claim or 2 when employees were using them from ladders rather than platforms.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Oo-er missus.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

"Angle grinding is a skill which is often performed by fire performers and can be combined with fire skills for a spectacular show. Often performed indoors angle grinding is popular in night clubs and as part of an amazing stage show. If you specifically require angle grinding to be part of the performance please indicate this at the time of enquiry because not all fire performers angle grind. "

Hmmm, She does...

Adrian C

wheels? You'd still get a spectacular display from a suitably flint(?) loaded wheel going much slower...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Adrian C wrote in news:94ovdgFqf4U1 @mid.individual.net:

I hope everyone takes note that she was wearing safety specs :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

I make knickers with titanium sheet gussets for angle grinding shows - bright white sparks. A rigid grinding disk, edge-on, seems to give the best results.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Cor, etc....

Steve Walker

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember harry saying something like:

My big one went bang! last week; I suspect it to be the suppression cap in the handle shorted out. Fair gave me a start when it went.

Last time I did that was wire-brushing a fish tank frame - lost a perfectly good set of trews to it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon