Angle grinder discs - use by date??

Never come across this before... Bought some bog-standard metal-cutting discs for the angle grinder from B&Q the other day. Noticed today that the label says "do not use after product expiry date". Can't see an expiry date marked as such, but the metal centres are stamped "2005", "2006". But why???

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew J Instone-Cowie

No idea why that is, maybe they will go up in dust:-) Never had a problem with metal cutting discs before, as I used them right away when I needed them

Reply to
Bob H

Maybe they cannot guarantee the disk staying attached to the metal centre after that date (and not flying off and hitting you in the face). The cynic in me thinks that they are just covering their arses, or trying to make you buy them more frequently...

Reply to
Scott

message

Given how often I have to take B&Q stuff back for replacement, I'm surprised they haven't put on a "Do not use BEFORE xx/yy/20zz notice"

Reply to
G&M

Fake reason Health & Saftey Real reaon, so you don't sue them when they break 30 years after you brought them.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

as others said: arse covering!

You migh also argue the longer they are sitting about the more chance for them to get damp or wet. A soggy disc is more at risk of flying appart.

Reply to
John Rumm

Many products have a manufacturing date on them - this helps in the case of safety recalls etc. and in some cases the standards to which they comply may change, so it indicates which version of the standard they have been manufactured to.

Reply to
Mike Harrison