And todays top tip

You put the keys in your jacket pocket, zip the pocket up and leave your jacket with your equipment - this is the best that you can do - unless there is a secure cabin on site. Been there and done it. Only a complete pillock would leave the keys in the van.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

My jacket does not have zip pockets.

Only first class wankers and trainspotters wear jackets with zip pockets.

Reply to
ARW

Why does this not surprise me?

They are not too expensive to buy. You keys would have been more secure and saved you problems. In my old workplace you would have been sacked for gross stupidity. Lets face it Mr Wadsworth, you are quite a stupid man. Did you ever get back with that woman who hated you so much that she left the gas on turned on - on your pikey cooker? The one that wanted to blow you up.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Dog warts and thicker than a hairdresser ring a bell?

Reply to
ARW

We went away on holiday one Christmas.

Our house keys are separate from the car keys during the winter for de-icing and demisting purposes.

Returning home, we couldn't find the house keys anywhere and with two tired young children, one of whom required a bottle urgently, we had to resort to calling a locksmith.

The passenger seat was filthy and 6 or 7 months later I took it out for a thotough clean. When I did so, I found the keys under it. They were hung right in the middle of the seat, over the wire for the occupancy detector, so high up that they were not visible when looking under the seat normally. How on Earth did they manage to get there?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes, sorry, that's exactly right. Provides security against inadvertant unlocking, for example when putting keys in a pocket after locking and leaving.

Reply to
newshound

I think Mr Pounder is intimating that he lives in such a safe, well-to-do area it's safe to leave keys in the ignition?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Council estates in Yorkshire are full of pikeys. Ever been there?

Mr Pounder has never left keys in the ignition or on the passenger seat whilst the vehicle is unattended. Only a pikey or a very stupid person would do this. And he did.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire