Amusing instructions

Quite small amounts of wasabi could be considered "excessive". Not that the packets of green goop you get with shop-bought pre-packaged sushi actually are wasabi.

Reply to
Huge

I'm sure they could. And a limited laxative effect could be considered beneficial.

Reply to
Scott

PS I forgot to say I am applying the e-cigarettes principle. I consume Wasabi as an alternative to salt (which is known to cause health problems), therefore as long as Wasabi is safer than salt its use should be encouraged -:)

Reply to
Scott

Amazing what you can get manuals for if you poke around. To my surprise I was able to get manuals for the 68000 processor and its associated I/O chips.

And you can get the manuals before you buy the item, too.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I do that a lot when I'm buying technology, to check that the device will do what I want. Marketing literature tells you virtually nothing these days. Knowing that a PVR has a USB and/or SD card slot (as described in marketing literature) tells you very little when you look at the manual and it says "these slots are only for reading (playing recordings that are on the external device) and cannot be used for writing recordings that are made on the PVR onto the external device".

Reply to
NY

We have had a fan from Screwfix for years. The instructions state: "IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO REMOVE THE GUARD FROM THE FAN". The fan came with the guard unattached, with three screws and instructions on how to put the guard on. Screwdriver was not supplied.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I did that last time too. I wanted to check clock would display in 24 hour format, which was unclear in the marketing literature.

Reply to
Scott

Yes. And similar for receipts too.

Reply to
Nige Danton

+1
Reply to
charles

I keep copies on the e-reader. Nice and portable.

Reply to
Bob Eager

There ia some truth to that. The data damaged many amps and loudspeakers, and you wouldnt want to be waring headphones. I suppose modern CD players do not attempt to reproduce non audio data but early ones did.

Reply to
Graham.

Doesn't everyone?

Reply to
Huge

Yes. Then print out a hard copy for easy reference. And lose that too.

The paperless revolution. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A typical multi bladed fan, Brain.

The English instructions are:

To open;

When opening, it affixes from the under by the left hand, it has, and the bone on is opened like drawing circle by using the right hand thumb to the last minute.

To close;

When shutting, the right hand is affixed from the state to open the fan, it hauls in by the finger with the left hand along the crease, it draws and it folds.

End.

With instructions like this, I wonder what my days with a Meccano set would have been like?

For a giggle, an old favourite is the direction sign at Northampton General Hospital...

Brian: A large rectangular sign that states; "Family planning advice. Use rear entrance."

Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

This a favourite of mine:

or

deviation.png

It was taken in Belgium and shows two signs on the same pole.

One points right and says 'Wegomlegging' whilst the other points left and says 'Déviation'.

The first is Flemish, the second is French and both translate as 'Diversion' ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

In Edinburgh: "Warrender Crematorium - One way street"

Reply to
charles

I didn't notice that.

However the blue sign on the top of the pole says: 'TEN HOREN'

Reply to
DJC

Lol. Thanks for translation. Can't go wrong whichever direction you take.

Reply to
RayL12

Haha! Love it.

Reply to
RayL12

If it's Edinburgh, wouldn't it be Warriston?

Reply to
Bob Eager