American toilets

I certainly hope so... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Texas thang.

As in "Y'all come back now. Y'hear"

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why the question mark, what don't you understand?

Me thinks that you have a very limited knowledge of service stations...

Reply to
Jerry

No, your sort don't, neither do they like being reminded about how much your Goddess (Thatcher) wasted during her 11 year tenure, or the back handers that flowed...

Reply to
Jerry

That is so.

I also didn't mention that the way means tested benefits such as pension credits, means tested student grants and loans etc are immediately withdrawn as soon as one enters in the productive economy is nothing short of scandalous.

If an individual retires with a personal or company pension fund of less than £130k saved over 40 years they might just as well have spent it on a decent cruise + 3 short breaks to Rome, Athens or Benidorm (etc) every year during their working life and still have had enough left over to go boozing every Saturday night.because they will not benefit from it by one iota, their pension credits will be reduced pound for pound. The figure for a couple is IIRC £180,000.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

Calligan closed more rust belt indutries in the 4 years before Thatch got in than she did in the 4 years after.

And as regards back handers they started in the Wislon era.

Whatever did happen to A.E.I. G.E.C. English Electric, Metro Cammell, Elliot Automation, Lyons Electronic Office, Marconi ?

How did Calligan's son in law get qualified to be GB Ambassador to the US? What a pity it was Calligan's Daughter started very publicly shaggin herself silly as soon as she got to Washington.

Still:

Can't do much about Wislon

Can't do much about Calligan.

Can't do much about Thatch. (or Major)

But sure as hell I can do my best to stop Nulab pissing what's left of the country against the wall for the sake of a few more months in office.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

I can't speak about "public" toilets but I was impressed with all the cafe/restaurant toilets I saw when in York last time. And the ones in the Merchant Adventurers' Hall were decidedly swish.

helps to conceal other people's, err, "noises"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No one who's ever opened one up which has been in a toilet facility for a while would ever use one. They very quickly become completely disgusting inside, and they are never cleaned out.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't expect to get any state pension

appallingly maintained in this area, with the local council and the Scottish Executive wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds laying multicoloured chinese granite pavements and ripping up the Scottish granite ones that were laid about 5 years ago, etc

I hope I don't have to.

Over-stretched, under-resourced, but still able to pay Diversity And Cuddly Thoughts Managers. Anyway, no point in catching crims when the Courts let them off with a finger-wagging.

Fire deaths didn't go up when the fire brigades went on strike, so perhaps we could hand that over to the ...

I'll pay for that, but only in a defence and security role, like Switzerland.

In most cases, "governmental" and "service" not co-exist.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

One could delete much of government and still have a health service and a saving in tax revenue.

Do we really need, for example, both a Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) to decide what drugs can be used, together with parallel agencies in Scotland and throughout Europe.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think it's just a jet of high pressure water from the front of the base acts like an old water vacuum pump to suck the contents of the bowl into the u trap.

Here's a picture of one taken in Sun's Menlo Park office by a former manager of mine...

ones have no local cistern, but run from a high pressure supply with a timed flush valve (on some, it's electronic using an IR sensor).

The US ones I've used were all very non-private compared with what you find in the UK, both pans and urinals.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed. However, many environmentally friendly energy sources are now economically viable when they wouldn't be if petrol was cheap. Commercial scale wind power, for example, is now extremely profitable, as the fossil fuel prices have risen.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes, but too few when there's an event on :-(

I'd rather hear farts and tinkles than Radio 1.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You can tell the difference? That is a cool trick ;-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

In the 1990s, the University of Westminster's School of

--> Biosciences - sponsored by the Association of Makers of Soft

--> Tissue Papers, it must be stressed - carried out some

--> studies into the difference in hygiene between paper towels

--> and dryers. The results are of interest, though, because

--> they show how long you must use a dryer to dry your hands,

--> something that the manufacturers rarely allow for in their

--> calculations. The studies concluded that warm-air dryers

--> were found to "significantly increase general bacterial

--> counts on the hands by an average of 255%", whereas towels

--> reduced general bacterial counts "by an average of 58%

--> (paper) and 45% (cotton)".

Hot air driers, which were installed in public wash-rooms to

--> reduce the expense and litter of paper towels, are far less

--> "sanitary" than paper or cotton towels. A number of studies

--> of hot air hand driers, including Blackmore and Prisk (1984)

--> and Matthews and Newsom (1987), showed that hot air driers

--> were not effective in reducing the number of bacteria on the

--> hands. In fact, the rubbing of the hands under the hot air

--> device and the propelling of bacteria out of the hot air

--> jets combined to actually increase the number of bacteria in

--> the washroom. An additional complication, according to

--> Blackmore and Prisk, is that hot air driers take longer to

--> dry the hands than towels. Because only one person at a time

--> can use the drier, others may become impatient and wipe

--> their hands on their clothing or a handkerchief.

Reply to
Adam Funk

Your hands can, presumably, never be cleaner than the water with which you rinse them.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

both.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha[gasp]hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .

IOW you are a hypocrite...

Reply to
Jerry

Thatch

Cammell,

Exactly - it's not the people, it's the system, so why the personal abuse?

Reply to
Jerry

David Hansen said the following on 23/08/2006 18:05:

Itself, mostly (allegedly).

Reply to
Rumble

As every SWMBO will tell you, you can "wash" your hands and wipe the dirt off on the towel! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm