wow american toilets are weird

I know we did american toilets a year or so ago, but wow are they weird.

the closet flange and wax ring !

Also, whats this thing about the refill tube going into the overlow pipe ?

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

nice collection of blank pages there

NT & Ubuntu

Reply to
Tabby

I see it.

The thing that stands out is the foul connection - it's flush wit the floor and basically a face mating flange bolted and sealed with a waxed ring. Doesn't sound convincing to me - seems it would be hugely sensitive to mis-positioning of the floor flange or even flex in the floor?...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yep is a bit like the doughnut between WC and close coupled cistern. Should be OK as long as it can be bolted tight together. The outlet pipe seems quite a small diameter though. I've heard American loos may often have a suction flush, but are prone to blocking. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

My argument here is two fold: 1) That's a freshwater connection so a minor leak isn't too bad; 2) The cistern is free standing so can conform to the right position. Still not convinced...

Reply to
Tim Watts

We have one. In the traditional avocado too.

There's a reason for that. Ours is rubbish.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Enjoy:

Rory

department...

A role which included making up fake turds for bog testing, to an approved BS recipe from plasticine and straw.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

With different Bristol Stool Chart ratings?

Frank Erskine

In message , Frank Erskine writes

Reply to
geoff

What's a "gillian mckeith" ?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The woman who diagnoses your health from looking at stool samples

I'm sure wikipedia have all the shit on her

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Frank Erskine saying something like:

A fake 'doctor'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Be careful there, she paid good money for that piece of paper

Reply to
geoff

$65 wasn't it?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Let's use her correct medical title, "Gillian Mckeith".

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Parents one was white. Installed early 1960s, still working fine in mid 2000s when the house was sold.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q