American toilet design?

Is it true that in America, toilet bowls are left full of water? Then when you flush, it removes the water first then refills it? I understand this is to do with odour prevention, but doesn't it splash you when you take a dump?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

""Retired"

Our's splash as well, I always line it with toilet paper. In Germany there is a platform at the bottom of the bowl, thus preventing splashbacks.

Reply to
Broadback

You could keep your penis fish in one ready to stick up your arse.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

There's probably a lot of nasties like that in the Aussie outdoor Dunnies. Rod?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sit further forwards, then it'll lose most of its momentum hitting the bit in front of the water. I never get splashed.

That's not why they have that platform there. You're meant to inspect (ugh!) what you've done to see if you have any diseases. I would think that's a damn good way to CATCH diseases!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Catch diseases by looking at them, yeah sure.

Reply to
whisky-dave

So you hold your breath while looking do you?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Hawk

You still can't catch a diseases by just looking at them.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The American toilets I've used seem to use the syphonic system that used to be available in the UK in the 1970s.

Reply to
Caecilius

The American ones generally do have more water. I?m not sure about the sequence of emptying. They used to favour a flap mechanism in the cistern but that wouldn?t change things in the bowl.

The platform in German ones is so you can examine your waste, I kid you not. Apparently the Germans,at least in the past thought, this was a good idea.

Reply to
Brian Reay

You can't catch diseases from smells, either.

Reply to
Max Demian

It was penis fish, now it's toilets. You really are a sick in the head unemployable wanker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Is it also true you keep your head in the bowl so as not to miss a mouthful-of-shit opportunity, d*****ad?

Reply to
Colonel Edmund J. Burke

The newer 1.6 and 1.2 really do a good job. The first ones were terrible but they figured it out.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oh f*ck off you silly prude. How do you weirdos reproduce if you can't handle anything "disgusting"?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Just what do you think a smell is? It's part of the substance which has evaporated. That's why you can be poisoned by inhaling things. When you breathe in somebody's fart, or the smell after they've done a shit, you actually have their shit condensing inside your nose and lungs.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They do something with suction in aeroplanes and trains, but I've never heard of it in a domestic toilet.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey