American toilet design?

It's like California, I think, mostly grass and scrub that grows back fast. Some of the eucalypts are more bushes than trees and are fast growing. They also shed tinder and burn like hell.

Reply to
rbowman

No its not Massive great trees hundreds of feet high in fact.

Yep.

Yes but most are in fact massive great trees.

Yes.

Specially once the fire crowns. Nothing will stop that, even the biggest fire bombers.

Reply to
Ray

Thanks. That gives me a little better feel for the terrain. There certainly is a lot of undergrowth to make sure the fire crowns out.

WWII Bunker Museum? I took a little drive down the road so to speak.

Reply to
rbowman

The Japs never made it quite so far south. They did make it to Sydney Harbour and managed to get a couple of subs inside the anti sub net etc.

In a previous era we have full naval gun installations at Queenscliff in Port Philip south of Melbourne and it was interesting to roam around those as a grade school kid. That was to be able to f*ck over the Russians when they showed up, but they never did.

Reply to
Ray

We have those on both coasts, most of which have become parks. Some go back to the 18th century and never protected the coast from anything but seagulls.

Most didn't try for stealth.

A lot of the wooden siding is gone so the reinforced cement construction is obvious but in its day it would have looked like a farm.

Reply to
rbowman

You mean you can't do trigonometry in your head?

An American car can go round corners?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What century is Australia in that they can't put out fires yet?

And why are your socks always @gmail.com? Makes you so easy to spot.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not if I can help it. One of my dimmer cousins tried bowfishing for carp. I don't think he ever caught on.

Some of them. Better than an Austin-Healey 3000 at least. It says a lot that BMC figured out if you really wanted to win a rally you ran a Cooper S and not a 3000.

If you grew up in the US in the '60s and '70s and weren't a wuss you got good at drifting. The first FWD car I drove was an Audi and I came near to killing myself before I got it sorted. Come into a turn, climb on the gas -- and proceed in a straight line toward the bushes.

Reply to
rbowman

Says the resident of a soggy little island...

Reply to
rbowman

Bullshit (as it were). Shit stinks from almost every animal. The exception is birds.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If we had fires, we'd have worked out how to extinguish them. Most inventors are Scottish you know.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yeah, they invented Highland bagpipes, haggis, and golf. Now that's a leap forward for humanity.

Reply to
rbowman

Only way I can catch a fish is to swim underwater with a pointed stick. You float very very slowly towards it so it doesn't realise you're a living being, then STAB!

At least with FWD you can correct errors. Only professionals can correct a RWD fuckup.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've never experienced that. But I've never known a toilet not stink when someone does a shit.

Ok, them too. But humans, dogs, and cats all stink.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And TV.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The people prone to RWD fuckups died young. Ever try to correct a FWD car when the rear end breaks loose?

Reply to
rbowman

You say that like it was a good thing.

Reply to
rbowman

It keeps us sane.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That would actually be in more. Hospitals aren't outside unless you live in Africa.

Or myself. Shit from any human, cat, dog, etc stinks. Bird shit doesn't smell at all, and cow shit isn't that bad. Must be different digestive systems. It suggests to me the stinky ones have left a lot of the nutritional value in it. Dung beetles agree.

Did you want me to go through the entire animal kingdom?

You eat meat, yours will be even worse.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They don't tend to do that. RWD cars are tailhappy.

And yes I have, but only because all four tyres were bald. I went sideways round a roundabout in the rain, which scared the shit out of everyone else using it. It did clear it pretty quick though.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey