All Spares Direct: reconditioned boiler parts?

Anyone used

?

My old mum has a suspect PCB in her old Baxi. I'm tempted to send it to these guys for a makeover for thirty quid rather than buy a new one for ninety.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

I think everyone here would probably use geoff (who posts here):

Bob Eager

In message , Martin Pentreath writes

They are my competition

Good luck if the pcb you receive doesn't work - you broke it

suffice it to say that I've picked up a lot of their ex customers

and ...

they are breaking the law by not charging VAT on their online presence while turning over way above the VAT registration limit

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
geoff

;-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , geoff scribeth thus

Don't worry about it mate .. you cured our Suprima and if you can sort one of they;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

That's very naughty, accusing them of fraud. You should know that just because they include VAT in their web prices doesn't mean they aren't charging VAT. What you said is the sort of thing that lawyers do get involved in, one company accusing another just to get a bit of custom. I bet you would be the first to do something if they accused you of something.

Reply to
dennis

The website says the prices are exclusive of VAT.

What makes me laugh is the 'About' page on the website...

Reply to
Bob Eager

It is not naughty if it is true.

I forgot that you were the VAT expert on this group.

And hide behind a witheld telephone number like you do when phoning trading standards?

Dennise, you really are a sad pathetic waste of space.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Dennis - this is something that I have no intention of discussing with you

Reply to
geoff

It seems that they're greengrocers too.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Try going through the motions of buying something

unless they've changed in the past week or so, they had no mention of VAT before

Yes they won an award for being green in the best of sepp blatter styles

- i.e. no other entrant, 15 years or so ago

Reply to
geoff

If they are paying VAT on all their sales they are doing nothing wrong. It is expected that all UK sites that sell to the public display VAT inclusive prices. I fail to see why geof would think they are evading tax. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether geof is just sloshing dirt to discredit his competitors.

I don't think I have ever phoned trading standards.

Reply to
dennis

Seems a little rich coming from someone such as yourself with more grass than Wimbledon.

Well they say prices exclude VAT - which is acceptable if they are primarily selling to the trade. However that would suggest they are VAT registered. If they are, then they should display their registration number on the web site, and should obviously account for it at the point of sale. They don't appear to do the former, and not being registered, I can't go through the buying process far enough to learn if they do the latter.

Here speaks a man with a list of "no win no fee" ambulance chasers on speed dial...

Reply to
John Rumm

Anonymous email was it then?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

no.

Reply to
dennis

VAT is mentioned in the Terms & Conditions:

"VALUE ADDED TAX:

All prices quoted are exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) unless otherwise stated."

Prices on a website can be shown inclusive or exclusive of VAT provided it is clear which it is. ie each price has inc or ex VAT next to it.

Yes, that is a good one. Seems to tally with the minimalistic product descriptions, some of product images make up for it though by being over a megabyte each...

Personally that site has to many "Warning: Rogue Trader" flags flying for me to even consider buying from them. No company registration number, no VAT number, this in the "RETURNS POLICY":

"All new and reconditioned PCB's, Fans, Diverter valves and any gas carrying or gas controlling parts are non returnable."

That is decidely against the Distance Selling Regulations. In fact they contradict themselves further down with (in the bit refering to lost/damaged in transit):

"Any rejection of the goods on any other grounds must be communicated to the Company within 10 working days."

I'm not quite sure how this works either:

"The Company shall replace any goods lost in transit to the place of the delivery provided such damage or loss is reported to the Company within 3 working days of such delivery."

If the goods are lost there is no delivery so how can you report it within 3 working days? Bear in mind most carriers won't accept something as lost until the best part of a twoo weeks has past, or longer.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , tony sayer writes

Likewise, Boxing Day remote repair on my Profile!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That might be because the "All Spares Direct Ltd" at the bottom left of the website isn't recognised as a registered company at Companies House.

The domain is registered to adlink ltd of the same address, Company No. 01822713

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What does "TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL" mean when you look at companies house records?

Reply to
ARWadsworth