Aldi flat-screen TVs

Anyone bought one of these recently? Was it any good?

Some are on sale here on 25 November, but my impression is that items are usually sold in the UK a few weeks earlier.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I've no personal knowledge, but if they haven't debated this to death here:

I'd be surprised...

General opinion on Aldi/Lidl stuff seems to be that it is good value, and if the quality is not what you expect, then I think there's a

28-day no-quibble returns policy or the 3-year guarantee to fall back on.

I presume you're looking at the 32" LCD HD TV. There are plenty of bargains to be found elsewhere at that spec, although of course I don't know what Aldi's price is going to be.

[Speaking from a UK perspective, that is.]
Reply to
John Laird

The opinion was that the last 42 lcd was okay, but the plasma before that was a total disaster.

As to price, it will have to be below £400 to be seen as a good deal these days. Steve

Reply to
Steve