Aldi compressor

I presume this is good for nothing more than blowing up balls?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

+tyres? Probably won't last long.

No good for air tools.

Reply to
harry

Why? I have a battery compressor that's ancient and cost rather less which still works just fine.

Does it say or even imply it is?

Surely anyone contemplating using air tools knows how big a compressor they need?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, that's the thing about it, innit?

What _is_ the point of it?

Nobody needs a £60 compressor for tyres/balls. A tenner will do that job at least as well. (BTW, I've been converted to the joys of the bike track pump, even copes just fine with car & van tyres - at least as quick as a nasty flimsy buzzy electric compressor. This kind of thing...

But that ain't up to the job of a "real" compressor, like the 25l tank ones that the Germanpikeymarkets have occasionally been knocking out for similar money - they're a bloody bargain. Not exactly industrial, but they'll run a rattlegun just fine.

Reply to
Adrian

Rather hard work, though?

I was wondering about the Aldi compressor as a source of compressed air for my indoor workshop - just for dusting off things etc rather than powering tools.

Both Lidl and Aldi regularly have small workshop compressors for not a lot. But those too would be marginal for some air tools and spraying.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) used his keyboard to write :

Fine for that, balls and tyres aand even some low demand air tools. I have had one in use for the past 6+ years and I need it, we have around twenty tyres to keep inflated.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have a jump start pack with compressor for that. Saves having to run out mains etc leads.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One of those would be really useful. Be able to have a tiny Aldi in the corner of the Lidl car park...

Reply to
polygonum

exactly, it had me puzzled

fridge compressor, though admittedly buying somethings a lot quicker.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have one of those for the bicycle - excellent things. But recently the connector seems to have broken. The plastic pin that pushes the valve open no longer operates. It's either snapped off or compressed to the point of having no effect. Or maybe the cam has broken. Is there a way of replacing this part?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
RJH

I'd need to be paid to watch Australian TV.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)