aldi battery hedgetrimmer - any good?

aldi are trailing these:-

have any experiences?

cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Not of this model. We bought a Bosch AHS 52 Accu Cordless Hedgecutter with 2 Batteries from Amazon I think it was £50 or so at the time. Batts last an hour or so and having two is a plus.

Minus for the Bosch is the batt is in the machine and not on your waist which appears to be a plus for the Aldi.

Bosch works fine on ordinary hedge stuff but fails miserably on laurel which would I suspect be the case for all equivalent trimmers, you would need something heavier duty.

Aldi: 23cms blade doesn't seem much (mine is 52) but that may actually be an advantage in some circs. They don't say what the battery voltage is or amp-hour of the battery so you can't calculate wattage (and hence power) going to the motor.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Jim K writes

The website at

the manual.

Mine is a bit on the puny side, but I've been quite impressed by what it achieves on our mixture of privet, holly, brambles and sprouting bits of small trees in front of the house. It doesn't extend very much, the blade is a bit short and the blade openings are not very large, but it's light enough and the belt mounted battery is definitely a good idea. The battery is 12 volt, 1.5 ampere hour.

Now to the off-topic thread hijack... In the shed of the house son has bought and amongst all the other serious but old garden tools is a Webb hedge cutter. It has a sort of sack-truck trolley on which is mounted the large 12 volt car battery and a vertical drain-pipe sized tube full of oil in which the long reach blade sits while it is wheeled to the hedge. The drive motor looks antique with the brushes mounted on either side. The blade is single sided and has a good size gap. I'm keen to try it, but not sure the battery is up to much. It reads 3.5 volts and we haven't had time to wheel it to a charger yet. He has bought a Bosch, so is less keen that I am to add this to the urgent to-be-sorted list. Anyone here know these?

Reply to
Bill