ALDI

You'll not need a camera to know this has happened. Just ears.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, I'm just looking at one - eBay 170645635577. 5m waterproof, only does 640x480. I can think of loads of uses for a toy like this (apart from shoving it round the u-bend as a party trick).

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

>>> Flexible video borescope with built-in adjustable dual LED light source

Drilling into a plasterboard wall or a boarded floor - drill one 10mm hole for the camera and you can look behind/underneath to make sure you don't hit those pipes & cables.

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

I tend to the practice of "I haven't got one, and it's a bargain, so I might as well buy one in case I need it in the future".

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Just give it to the missus and you can settle down for a quiet half- hour with a nice cuppa and a Fred Dibnah DVD.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is the correct answer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Possibly you could stick one up your arse in an attempt to find your brains.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Brilliant!!!!

Reply to
John Bryan

wouldn?t really matter, the prognosis is a forgone conclusion anyway.

-
Reply to
Mark

Good to hear from you TMH. Your enlightened, well-reasoned responses are always an inspiration.

Reply to
Interloper

Gentlemen, my apologies, I was being facetious.

I need to direct you to an earlier uk.D-I-Y thread entitled "Blowing Neighbours smell away" (posted 27/08/2011), and in particular to the rabid defence of an anti-social habit by "The Medway Handyman", who is the OP for this thread.

Considering the nature of the addiction, it seemed obvious why TMH was considering the purchase of a borescope ;-)

Reply to
Interloper

Very true! I indulged in the pipe wrench set recently, with no plumbing in prospect. Turned out to be the required tool to get the clips tight on my new mud flaps.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I wonder why the Beeny woman keeps calling them 'boroscopes'?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Did anyone else get one? They'd sold out a few days later from the Dunstable branch.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I did. I've only casually played about with it for the moment.

I had to visit several branches until I found about a dozen in a Durham store.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Am I glad that I was unconscious when they shoved a scope down my throat! I think that they only knowcked my out 'cos they also wanted to cut a hole in my chest and shove the scope in there too!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

IIRC they knock you out to suppress the gag / cough reflexes, which would otherwise be a bit of a problem.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I had mine without sedation - just an anaesthetic spray/swallow down the throat. It was entirely optional whether to have sedation.

The report, sent to my GP, said "Strong gag reflex". And that is how I remember it - definitely glad I had an empty stomach - and so were they. :-)

Several uncontrollable heaves when it was well down towards my stomach, and the rest was fine. And quite a lot of burping afterwards as they pump air into the stomach.

I would do the same again - but ask for more spray.

Reply to
polygonum

You remember wrong. I've had 2 gastric endoscopies so far, both while fully conscious.

It's very unpleasant.

Reply to
Huge

On 11/09/2011 17:39, Huge wrote: > You remember wrong. I've had 2 gastric endoscopies so far, both while > fully conscious. >

In this case I bow to your superior knowledge. Mine was hearsay; may it remain so.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ