AICO Alarms - Credit Where It's Due

Hi all

Just thought it was worthy of mention. Am fitting various flavours of smoke alarm from AICO - their EI16* series. Technical sales support have been v. good. Commented on plans sent to them re alarm locations and answered a few of my numpty questions promptly.

Shame that this level of support is such a surprise.

Hope the products prove as good.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Fitting a smoke alarm is not exactly difficult is it ! What on earth would you need technical support for? How to put screws in a ceiling? I think they were probably more surprised with you.

Reply to
djc

Try reading BS5839 first. Then you might understand that the term smoke alarm also covers systems slightly more sophisticated that the £9.99 twin packs stocked by the sheds. OTOH you may prefer just to fire off a smug response that amply displays your own ignorance, HTH

Reply to
Neil

"Neil" wrote

Thanks, Neil

Your assumptions made about the intial respondent appear right on the button. My install is a considered mix of heat, optical and ionisation type sensors, mains powered and interlinked. The locations are important, as are the proximity of these to fluorescent fittings etc. One question concerned the likely interference from the new energy saver bulbs which operate on a similar basis to fluorescents.

Obviously the first respondent approaches these tasks with a little less forethought.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster