age

I'm admitting to 32 but if the beard gets any greyer won't be able to carry that off on my Tinder profile for much longer.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , critcher writes

The big 65 later this year. Oh well, at least I'll get the State pension.

Reply to
Graeme

Running "NoScript" can reduce that quite a bit.

Reply to
John Rumm

And: like, y'know, kind of, grunt, etc don't translate to the written word very well.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Don't know about toothbrushes by I'm 66 at present. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Me too. Currently 68.

As I remarked the other day, if my planned redecoration of hall, stairs & landing last as long as the present stuff, I will be 85 by the next time it needs doing. I wonder if I will still be using ladders by then?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Hardly a regular poster, but I've been a regular reader for many years. I'm currently 47.

Been using usenet since the early 1990s (the FreeServe days). Via Google Groups these days because it remembers what I've read across the various half-dozen or so computers / tablets I regularly use at work / home.

David

Reply to
David

By then you may be able to achieve the same result just by taking your glasses off.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

:-)

As the old adage says, if you can't face reality, adjust your perception.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Groundhog works OK, and is free.

Reply to
LSR
[27 lines snipped]

Much the same as me, then. I got access to Usenet (and the ARPAnet generally - "the Internet" as such didn't exist then) when I worked for Xerox in the early 80s. I had a PARC email address, also.

Reply to
Huge

Been working 4 years but I didn't do the uni bit, just A levels.

Possibly late 80's, was CiX just it's own conferences or did it gateway to usenet as well? Failing that early 90's when I became a founder member of Demon Internet.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

51.
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Reduces the tracking but you still have to download it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Blimey. I was fairly early to Demon, but not that early. I did manage to get selected for early ADSL trials with Demon, and enjoyed a year of ADSL at tenner a month prices. Malcolm Muir was my hero :-)

Reply to
Graeme

I can't recall when I got my Demon account. I was certainly running KA9Q on MS-DOS on dialup. Shortly replaced by a SPARCstation 1+. I even wrote the FAQ on connecting it to Demon with dial-on-demand. Perhaps the "good old days" weren't that good after all.

:o)

Reply to
Huge

Late 80's I was using BBS and posting messages on fidonet... I did not join demon until a couple of years after their formation.

Reply to
John Rumm

I get the impression it blocks some of the tracking scripts before download as well - so reduces the volume of stuff transferred.

Reply to
John Rumm

Now that is a blast from the past... I remember setting up an Amiga with a port of KA9Q when we first got a demon account. ISTR it was a bit awkward to use, and I ditched it as soon as I got a standalone TCP/IP stack setup and running (in the days where you had to pay real money to buy such things!) Also the joys of having no receive mail protocols supported on demon at the time, and needing to run a SMTP server to accept incoming email ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

quite a few older I believe Bill.

Reply to