5V PSU for TENS Foot Plate

My FIL managed to spill water on his TENS machine Foot tinger thingy and to ok out it's 5V wall wart. I was asked if I could sort something out (Which I did by joining s 5V Wall wart of the right voltage and amperage to the o riginals output cable.

However, while I was working I said "it might not just be the PSU that's go ne, it might have fried the internals of the foot plate"....... But I was t old it was ok, my BIL had hooked up another PSU and they'd tried it.... Onl y this one turned out to be 12V.........

Apparently they knew the device was working when they peeled my FIL off the ceiling!

Reply to
cpvh

What a ...ummm...re-volting story.....

Reply to
David

I don't think a larger input should result in a larger output surely supplies are regulated. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Do I remember you prefer replies at the top Brian?

One was regulated at 5V, the other was regulated at 12V. I was surprised b y the units behaviour given more volts, I would have thought it would eithe r have just worked, or else it would have been fried (like the first thing I ever over-voltage (my very expensive commodore calculator (rather expensi ve in around 1975).

If anyone else is still listening, do you know what electronics is likely t o be in one of these TENS foot plate thingies?

Reply to
cpvh