Weep screed for stucco

Doing stucco in Los Angeles area.

2 questions:

1) In one new area of the house, the poured foundation comes up much higher (about 3 feet) than other areas (around 1 foot) due to the terrain. This is about an 8 foot long section of wall. I could put the weep screed at the bottom of the sheathing there, but it might look odd at that height where it will be hard to hide. Should I just leave it out and blend down onto the foundation wall? More importantly, will code allow this? I was thinking I'd leave 1 foot unfinished at the bottom to match the rest of the walls.

2) In another area, the foundation is "staircased". If I put the weep screed right on the transitions of sheathing to foundation, it will also have a staircased look. Since the lower areas of sheathing are only about 8 inches high each (and about 5 feet long) I was considering lathing them and putting a mortar coat on them to make them match the highest part of the foundation, and then putting the screed straight across. Acceptable? OK by code?

Thanks for any info and please only reply if you KNOW!

Mike ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.comNOSPAM)

Reply to
Mike

As you can see, it's nailed to the bottom plate.

First required under UBC 4706-07, 1970, and it is required in CA.

Maintain a minimum of 4" above soil and 2 inches above paving, concrete, etc.

Reply to
G Henslee