AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 giver error E40 (E42)

Hi

I own an AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 washing machine which has started malfunctioning. When I press the Start/Pause button to start a washing program, the door locking mechanism clicks 4 or 5 times and then the display shows an error code E40. According to the manual this just seems to indicate some kind of problem locking the door. On the web I found a description of how to turn on some kind of diagnostic program, which then gives an extended error code of E42, but I have no idea what this means exactly.

I have tried to locate AEG service/repair manuals on the web, but without success.

I would really appreciate any info/help on this error.

Regards Nicholas Oxh=F8j

Reply to
Nicholas Oxhø

I own an AEG OKO-Lavamat 72630 washing machine which has started malfunctioning. When I press the Start/Pause button to start a washing program, the door locking mechanism clicks 4 or 5 times and then the display shows an error code E40. According to the manual this just seems to indicate some kind of problem locking the door. On the web I found a description of how to turn on some kind of diagnostic program, which then gives an extended error code of E42, but I have no idea what this means exactly.

I have tried to locate AEG service/repair manuals on the web, but without success.

I would really appreciate any info/help on this error.

Regards Nicholas Oxhøj

I would guese the plc is not seeing the lock mechanism closing. There must be a switch in the locking part (like in central locking) to enable the next program step.

Reply to
Tim Morley

I posses a similar machine - now about 3 years old(?) - I can't be bothered to drag out the receipt - It seems to me that "E40" just means 'Help'! Everytime something goes wrong - the machine displays E40. Most frequently the filter has become gunged up; - Often this helps; Towards the bottom right of the machine is a pull-down flap. Drain the machine - there's a tube at the bottom of the machine with a plastic plug - you'll see a butterfly handle, pull hard; the plug is a round ball on the end of a stick. Unscrew the large diameter thing (pump cover) - Don't do this before the drain step!!! Withdraw the filter cylinder and remove any gunge - the filter port has two ports - the left one is the impellor pump and the right one is the discharge pipe; feel to ensure these are not gunged up either. Reassemble in reverse order - as Haynes say.

Almost every programme necessitates a pump activation to assure that the machine is empty of water . The action(s) above 'clears' most E40 reports - although once the pump motor was dead ... it still said E40.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock