Advice sought on lounge furniture

I would like to install some furniture in our lounge to accomodate a TV, and hi-fi equipment, plus CD/DVD collection. I've searched around, and found either tiny TV units, or huge monolithic things which overshadow the whole room. I'd like something more minimalistic - a long low bench type structure on which to place the TV and hi-fi equipment, with some shelving units. We were in Leekes in Melksham this weekend, and they are a distributor for Moebel Hartmann furniture. This is very nice looking stuff, albeit expensive, but is just what we're looking for. As Hartmann are a German based manufacturer there is very little information about them in the UK, and not that many places selling it in the UK. My questions are, has anyone dealt with Hartmann furniture, and has any thoughts on it, or can recommend some similar furniture manufacturer who is more accessible in the UK?
Thanks for reading. Andrew.
snipped-for-privacy@bigmailbox.net wrote:

Take a look at Beaver and Tapley - http://www.beaverandtapley.co.uk /
We have various pieces from what is now their 'Tapley Elements' range. All has been good quality and lasted well.
Peter
snipped-for-privacy@bigmailbox.net wrote:

Ikea.
Owain
Owain wrote:

I didn't find anything in their catalogue that was suitable. Besides, I hate the whole Ikea shopping experience.
snipped-for-privacy@bigmailbox.net wrote:

I'm after something like this.
http://www.moebel-hartmann.com /
I want the low bench unit, the high shelf, with some CD/DVD storage unit down the side. I don't see that Ikea offer this, and their stuff is not as modular as the Hartmann units.