Advice on cordless drill/drivers

Hey IMM, our Tony is in the wars of late?

Reply to
crabtree

You did.

I saw whole bunch of Makita's being thrown out too.

Reply to
IMM

Hmm. It's the same purchasing philosophy as for combi boilers. Buy two pieces of crap, because they are so unreliable. Ignore the fact that the repair/replacement costs are going to negate any cost/efficiency savings you think you have made.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

No, you were correct in both posts. The factory making the cheap drills is belching out the smoke. Two drill packages is two lots of smoke, then eight more items thrown in the skip.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

< snip drivel >
Reply to
IMM

Which can be burnt to make useful heat for power and heat. Cor, are you always this dumb.

Reply to
IMM

Grow up.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It wouldn't be the first time...

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I did. I saw them being thrown out.

Reply to
IMM

Reply to
IMM

It's the same junk with the same lack of support.

Call their help line and ask how to get any of these repaired like I did. There was an embarrassed silence before they admitted that they don't.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It isn't.

They guarantee the PP Pro range for 3 yrs, one yr with your overpriced Makita. You don't need expensive repairs when they are so well priced.

Reply to
IMM

It's behind you.......

So what.?

I can appreciate that you don't understand the concepts of quality and value for money and prefer to buy only on price. That's your choice, but it does not produce the most cost effective outcome.

It's also interesting to note that on the one hand you run all of the environmental arguments, while on the other espousing the very worst aspects of the disposable economy.

A curious inconsistency at minimum, or perhaps the "H" word should apply??

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

< snip >
Reply to
IMM

Seemingly the Pontiff is a rastafarian again then......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I take it you've never read the guarantee?

Reply to
Dave Plowman