Adivce regarding draught on wooen windows

I have wooen ouble glazing windows, there is a constant draught from them coming from somewhere. I have replaced all of the winow rubbers but there is still air coming through somewhere, which I cannot find. It closes pretty tight, tighter than before. I think maybe the sun has warped it too much to correct with rubbers.

I've also put a strip of draught rubber alone the far right an left uprights of the window as my neighbour said the air can creep in there.

Any ideas on what else I can try, its driving me a little cuckoo :)

Or is it time to mastic it shut lol.

Reply to
Thelibrarian

Are you sure it's a draught coming through from outside, and not just a cold down-draught caused by the window being cold?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

there are smokebombs on sale for testing chimneys with. [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Are you sure it's a draught coming through from outside, and not just a cold down-draught caused by the window being cold?

Owain

Its definitely a draught coming in. Been looking at it again just now trying to figure out where its coming in.

I called my local winow bods and they said I should try window wedges.

Reply to
Thelibrarian

Not sure my wife woul like me setting a smoke bomb off lol.

Reply to
Thelibrarian