Adhesive kitchen flooring

Went to Focus yesterday, and they had boxed strips (not tiles) of the adhesive-backed wooden-look flooring. It looked quite good, and should imagine it is relatively easy to put down, but is there anywhere, where you can get something similiar, but coloured? Ideally for my kitchen, I would like light blue, perhaps with a grain-effect, but haven't seen anything like that around.

Many thanks, MB

Reply to
Manic Blue

Stuck this stuff down in our kitchen and bathroom a couple of years back as a temp measure (its still there :-)

Its ok but it is very difficult to get a perfect finish with no small gaps. The floor needs to be near perfectly flat (ours was ply covered in hardboard) and even then as the "boards" are flexable they distort easily making perfect joints difficult.

Homebase had blue (and green) when we got ours but we did get ours very cheap in a clearance. Looking at the website suggests they still stock it:

you considered Laminate? Having layed both I'm not convinced on the claim that the vinyl version is easier to lay. Laminate is not that difficult and is available in colours. I guess the edging is more of an issue with laminate though...

HTH,

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Thanks for that Darren, much appreciated. My kitchen floor is concrete based so it might be easier to give a level finish. I've actually got some laminate flooring for my living room, but seeing as I've never layed any before, I'm pondering on whether to take the cowards way out and call someone up in the local newspaper, to do it for me. At least with the vinyl, I would feel more confident, even tho you did say, you reckon they're both easy to put down.

Cheers,

MB

Reply to
Manic Blue