blocked toilet

Hi, I have a blocked toilet and have tried pouring pails of water and plunging it but it have not worked satisfactorily. What else could be done? The plumber weren't seem keen to do it. I heard of the flexible wire, can it be bought in the hardware store and if so what is its exact description. Please help.

Regards Philip

Reply to
philip

They enjoy taking your money off you too :-)

There's a wire spring gizmo (name I've forgotten, something American - bought in B&Q) which has about 3-4' of steel spring mostly about 1/2 - 3/4" dia but opening out to perhaps inch and a half dia for a couple of inches at the end, where the turns are wider spaced. The spring goes through a rigid plastic or metal tube about 18" - 2' long and has a handle on the other end from the opened out bit. You shove the opened out end of the spring down the pan and keep pushing while turning the spring via the handle - it worms its way down around the bend and macerates the soggy loo roll which the toddler dropped in the pan and which is now just around the bend blocking the works :-)

Failing that you can remove the pan (unscrew base) and clear it the hard way :-(

-- John Stumbles

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-+ Load dropped, paperwork completed: job done.

Reply to
John Stumbles

And this is one of the very best uses that money can be put to.....

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I *BET* you've got a new infant and flushed the disposable nappy down the pan! OR, you've got a wife who does something similar every month!

These articles are NOT DESIGNED to be disposed of in this way. Sure - they're disposable - IN THE BIN!

It took several SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS with my wife to make her see the errors of her ways - thankfully before major expense was incurred!

It's just amazing how many people think that once its gone "down the bog" that's an end to the matter. Some weeks later things start to "go slow" and poor old Mr Jones at the end or the run has to pick up the bill 'cos the drain's on his property - and his wife's been dead for years!

These things should be banned as a public health hazard. Use Terry nappies

*PROPERLY* and train the missus!

Guess, if you can't free it yourself you'll have to get Dynorod in!

Reply to
Paul King

To clear the loo, you mean?

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

What's wrong with you lot? Gordon Bennett - afraid of putting your hand down the loo to drag a festering mess out indeed.

That's what wives are for.....

PoP

Reply to
PoP

A method that "her indoors" uses, is to get a bin liner, put some towels int and to use it as a giant plunger.

She swears by it !!

Rick...

Reply to
Rick