Adapting a toilet waste pipe

Hi,

I have a compact toilet pan which I imported from Europe and the short polypropylene waste pipe that came with it seems to be a different size standard to UK ones. The actual pan connection end is proprietary.

I need to couple this pipe this to my existing open waste pipe in the bathroom, which is presented at the bathroom wall. Whoever originally put this waste pipe in the wall left almost no incline, so all pan couplings need to be well sealed.

If I push the toilet's waste pipe concertina type silicone seal into the current wall outlet, it's a bit slack and will no doubt leak. To get round this, I got hold of a uk pan coupling (male>female) and sawed off the male end part that has the silicone seal. I then removed the silicone seal from the exisintg toilet's waste pipe and slid over it the bit from the new uk coupler, together with its silicon seal. This uk connector makes a snug fit into the bathroom waste outlet. I used silicone to seal this new sleeve onto the existing toilet waste pipe minus its seal. (hope this all makes sense)

I thought I'd done well, but some moths down the line, the silicone has not performed well and the coupling now leaks.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best way to hold this new sleeve onto the toilet waste pipe. I know polypropylene can't be glued.

There's not much of a gap between the sleeve and the pipe, so maybe some sort of tape would suffice ?

Thanks

cf-leeds

It's obviously the moths then. Have you tried mothballs? :-)

the silicone

Heck even made to fit couplings leak..

I ended up opening mine up where I could and pumping in even more silicone after drying it out.

Pump in more silicone and use tape to hold it there. Duct tape works. After its set remove tape

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

what's the OD of the bog outlet (ceramic) and the OD of the polyprop. pipe that came with it?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K