Aaahhhhhhhhh Bought DAB Radio

Would you believe, no signal in house, but car ok on driveway, what a load of bad planning.

Reply to
Sysadmin

If you love radio don't buy a DAB ...buy an internet radio

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I used to listen to the radio on Alexa, but the BBC decided that was too convenient for us, so withdrew their services. I also used Sonos for day listening, but the casual BBC use has gone from that, one needs to sign in now. I now listen to radio Manx or streamed Classic FM.

Reply to
Sysadmin

I can only get a DAB signal upstairs in a room facing north so I hang the supplied internal aerial from a pin pushed into the ceiling with the floppy aerial inside a length of 11mm? oval conduit to keep it straight and vertical.

Reply to
Andrew

I had an external aeriel for mine years ago, these days I mostly just listen to BBC Sounds on the phone and bluetooth the signal to earphones, Google Nest, or other bluetooth speakers. I have a DAB radio in the kitchen window where the signal is OK but don't use it much now.

Reply to
newshound

By you for not checking the reception first :-)

Reply to
Scott

They could have a repeater on the top of Snaefell to service the west coast of Cumbria.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Indeed, but I think I would want to know before spending money on equipment.

Reply to
Scott

The Radioplayer app on Sonos provides BBC stations without signing in.

So does the native "Sonos Radio" app.

However BBC Sounds provides more, such as remembering your position in a podcast played on another device and it also accesses your subscribed programme list. Registering with the BBC is no hardship as you can use an anonymous name/email and I'm not even sure I had to confirm my email address.

Reply to
Pamela

what about Prospero then ?...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I will send it back as not working.

Reply to
Sysadmin

In article <t3r1ib$eqk$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Sysadmin snipped-for-privacy@home.net scribeth thus

Can you say where you are as most all of the UK is now deemed to be covered!...

Reply to
tony sayer

I can say where I was - Pewsey in Wiltshire, totally dead area, need external aerial with masthead amp AND distribution amp. Lots of conspiracy theories about he the army suppresses radio signals there (north edge of Salisbury Plain). Brilliant here in Alderholt, get everything on a portable.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

DAB coverage is pretty good on my car radio - in the SE probably better than FM. But I do have a very posh aerial on the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Which BBC station have they removed?

I?ve just checked our Alexa - at least with BBC R4- it works fine.

You may be using a different ?skill?.

Ours announces BBC Sounds so, I assume, that is the skill - it is ages since I set it up.

I use Global player for Classic FM, our normal station.

I had to reset my internet radio this morning, it was having a funny turn. It could see ?all? the BBC stations so the BBC are still on the internet.

Reply to
Brian

I?m a fan of DAB. We now have it in all the vehicles and we have several portables.

That said, we use Alexa mainly at home- mainly as it is convenient, we?ve various things automated lights, security cameras, doorbell, ???

Reply to
Brian

In article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net>, Jeff Gaines <jgaines snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> scribeth thus

Yes Pewsey seems to be the land that time forgot! Nothing to do with the army locally just the powers that be not affording DAB coverage there!...

Reply to
tony sayer