AA NiMh batteries

Well yes. Same as me. Which means you will keep some ready charged ones as spares. If your mouse doesn't work waiting even half an hour would be a pain. But if you do have spares, an overnight charger then is no inconvenience. With the considerable benefit of longer cell life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a fast 4xAA/AAA charger with fan (can also run from 12V car socket) and a larger AA/AAA/C/D/PP3 charger

My oldest cells are about 3 years old, and all seem to hold+deliver charge well, the "mere" 2200mAH ones tend to get side-lined in favour of the 2500 and 2700 ones though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

But is that so? Modern intelligent chargers should cut off at the fully-charged point and maybe trickle after that, whereas AIUI overcharging NiMHs at even C10 isn't good for them.

Reply to
John Stumbles