AA batteries what is a full charge

I totally agree and my Fuji S1800 works so well on NiMH that I start worrying because the batteries just seem to last so long even when taking videos. I tried using the discharge facility once and gave up after 4 hours as the batteries were still charged enough to take pictures.

Maybe some cameras are better at using rechargeable batteries than others.

Reply to
James Noble

The trouble with usenet is that you get well intentioned responses from people who know very little. Like this one.

Standard NiMh AA cells provide much better performance than even 'good-quality' alkalines, with 5-10x more shots available betweeen replacement/recharge.

High capacity AA's are better, and the Low Self Discharge cells (eneloop, hybrio, etc) are even better still, as you can leave a charged set in your camera for months if needed.

Only so long as you always carry a spare Li-ion battery, and the right charger, and you have regular access to a 240v mains supply.

If you're using AA cells you can cheaply and easily get generic chargers that'll give you a charge from 240 V sources, car chargers using 12V sources, or even 5V USB chargers.

And in a real emergency, you can find somewhere that'll sell AA cells near to almost anywhere.

I've used a camera with a dedicated Li-ion cell - and having to eke out the last few Amp minutes of energy when you've no access to a 240V charger until the end of the week is a real disincentive to photographic experimentation.

Rubbish!

Reply to
OG