A challenge for old house lovers

Tell you what, you stop trying to make us unhappy, and we will do the same for you.

Reply to
John Rumm

No - from a hole under Milton Keynes University from where he managed to nick a degree.

Reply to
G&M

There were no seats.

You got a bucket, and a splintery plank with a hole in it. Outside in a draughty box.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mmm. I did. Isle of wight festival 198 something.

About the time I saw the fallacy of the 'back to nature' thing.

Using it was bad enough: Using it in the mental condition I was in at the time was - interesting.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No it wasn't. The Soviets did not implement communism correctly.

Reply to
IMM

More mentalism. I make everybody happy.

Reply to
IMM

AKAIK, MK does not have a uni, the OU is based there, so is that MK uni? The nicked Wimbledon FC and now call it Milton Keynes Dons.

Reply to
IMM

At the time? It is still with you.

Reply to
IMM

"Brian Sharrock" wrote | > | Hold on a minute - I wasn't around in the 50's. Do you | > | seriously expect me to believe that 100,000s of families, | > | which would be half a million people, had to share one | > | toilet? What must the queues have been like? | > And imagine the arguments over whose turn it was to buy | > the toilet roll (or indeed seat up/down). | Toilet roll? We dreamed of toilet "rolls"; ... torn up squares | from copies of t'Echo with piece of string through 'em to hang | from nail in't wall was good enough for us!.

t'Echo? Thee 'ad t'Echo? Ee, we dreamed of 'avin' t'Echo. We used to scrounge betting slips out the bins behind the bookies, used to wipe us arses on tax paid accumulators and was grateful.

| Seat up or down? Seat? Wiv cover? We dreamed of seats with | covers - plank wiv 'ole in't were good enough for us!

Plank? Thee 'ad a plank? Ee, we dreamed of 'avin' a plank. Two ropes tied atween two trees and a good sense of balance we had.

| Folks nowadays ...

Wuddunt ken they was born if ya skelped them roond the lug wi a battered haddock.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It isn't possible to implement communism correctly.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not in 1945 is wasn't. The Soviets won the war. The Red Army, once equipped correctly, rolled and Germany fell under relatively easy. The swoop into Manchuria in 1945 was one of the biggest advances in modern history. The Soviets just waltzed through the whole place crushing the Japs beneath them. The reason for dropping the A bomb was that the Soviets were on the march and they didn't want them in Japan or right into south east Asia. The reached Korea and opposite shores of Japan very easily.

The bombing of Dresden was also another ploy to stop the Soviets. They marched into Dresden and saw the power of Allied air power. This was to say, don't mess with us. They stopped not far from the North Sea.

We owe them a lot.

Reply to
IMM

More mentalism.

Reply to
IMM

(Pictures DIMM swinging from one)

Reply to
raden

Maxie, you really into kink aren't you? I can't imagine Dim Lin, the far eastern luscious lovely, swinging around like that. Maxie, please refrain! This a family ng, people might be talking about girls bikes and the likes.

Reply to
IMM

What world are you in, Obviously full of fairies?

Reply to
John Rumm

"IMM" wrote | "Owain" wrote | > "The Natural Philosopher" wrote | > | Dont orget te pesrians and o course teh Africans. Where did | > | IMM first come down from the trees? | > Didn't he emerge into the daylight, blinking and mole-like, | > from a coal-hole in Stoney Stratford? | Where is that? Scotland?

No, it's a desirable neighbourhood in everyone's favourite new town, Milton Keynes. But shouldn't you know that?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's a classic !!!!!!!!!!

Boy, you are delusional. However just to make sure you understand YOU PISS ME OFF !!!!!

Reply to
G&M

As far as you know isn't very far is it ?

De Montfort University you idiot.

Oh boy, now he mistakes football for education.

Reply to
G&M

Pure luxury. You should have been there in 1970. Nearest bog was in Portsmouth !

Reply to
G&M

In message , IMM writes

I suppose they all had stools to sit on then ...

Reply to
raden