Approximate cost or rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Approximate cost or rewiring a 3bed detached house?
Hi, I know asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of string, as it will depend on the spec of the rewire. However I’m just after a ballpark figure based on a bog standard rewire, nothing fancy. The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & most inside walls are stud partition.
What’s approx. the best & worst price for this type of property.
Thanks for any help.

βœ–
budget between £2000 and £3500 inc vat

Add pictures here
βœ–
For a quick calc Between £40 and £60 an item depending on where you live, ie light fitting, switch, double skt etc

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:46:28 +0000, Reddi-sparks wrote:

Thats about the cost of a total rewire by Midlands Electricty or whatever they are called these days. Also check because MEB don't chase out the walls anymore, they just use mini trunking.
Dave
Add pictures here
βœ–

WHAT????
If you diy????????
Mary
Add pictures here
βœ–
Mary Fisher wrote:

No. However any fool can count sockets and plates and meters of wire and come up with an answer, so one assumes the question is about gettng 'a man in' to do it...

Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah I was meaning if I got a company to do the job. By the way I live in the north east of England (Newcastle upon Tyne) if this makes a difference to the price
Cheers.

βœ–

Ah, right.

I should think it would, compared with, say, London.
I'm glad we live in Leeds!
Mary

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:25 +0000 (UTC), "Telboy Smith"

I was quoted £2200 for a 3-bed semi.
MM
Add pictures here
βœ–

First I would make a detailed layout of where you want all you skts/lights/switches etc (otherwise they could end up anywhere usually the most convenient place for the sparky and not you!) and then get 3 quotes from approved local companies.
Price's will start shooting up next year when the new regs come in so you better get it done sooner than later.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh no - not MORE regs ... :-(
Mary

Add pictures here
βœ–

Why? What's going to cost more on a 'proper' job?
--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

βœ–
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Actual extra costs? None, if the sparks is already registered with NICEIC or similar - they'd be writing a small works sistificate anyway. Opportunity to charge more? Definitely present: if the householder wishes to follow the proposed Part P route to the letter, the cost to them of (e.g.) adding a new radial to supply their loft, or freezer-n-fridge, or similar small-n-sensible but beyond the 'small works' threshold, will in future include the 80? quid for a Building Notice inspection (which in practice will be done by a local sparks). Thuz, it becomes sensible commercial practice for the local sparks to up their prices by, say, half of that amount, since the "competition" has just had their prices moved upwards.
You gotta love that nice Mr Prescott...
Stefek
Add pictures here
βœ–