Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Hi, I realise asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of string! However all I?m after is a ballpark figure ?just an average cost for this type of property. The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & there is nothing ?fancy? to consider ?just sockets & lights.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Telboy Smith

Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Inflation can be a wild thing these days - you can never be too sure.

Reply to
Ric

It's 2004 not 1974 !....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Perhaps he wants it wired in lead?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

three to five grand I'd say. Depending on just how many sockets etc. you install. Each socket takes time to chip in, time to lay wires to and time to wire up.

Most electricians seem to work on costs per pont plus cost per circuit plus cost per consumer unit plus cost per house if its a solid brick bastard and a kanga is indicated...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry for the double question, I didn't think the first one had worked as it took for ever to show up. I posted it again & then they both showed up, A bit like the bus service aroung here!

Cheers.

Reply to
Telboy Smith