Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?

Approximate cost of rewiring a 3bed detached house?
Hi, I realise asking this question is like asking how long is a piece of string! However all Im after is a ballpark figure just an average cost for this type of property. The house has wooden floors (floorboards) & there is nothing fancy to consider just sockets & lights.
Thanks for any advice.

Probably same cost it was yesterday, when you asked.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

Inflation can be a wild thing these days - you can never be too sure.

writes:

<snip>
It's 2004 not 1974 !....

Perhaps he wants it wired in lead?
--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Sorry for the double question, I didn't think the first one had worked as it took for ever to show up. I posted it again & then they both showed up, A bit like the bus service aroung here!
Cheers.

Telboy Smith wrote:

three to five grand I'd say. Depending on just how many sockets etc. you install. Each socket takes time to chip in, time to lay wires to and time to wire up.
Most electricians seem to work on costs per pont plus cost per circuit plus cost per consumer unit plus cost per house if its a solid brick bastard and a kanga is indicated...