800 Quadrant shower cubicle - experiences please

I have just had a shower tray installed (now comes the DIY bit) and I will be fitting the cubicle, valve and riser rail. myself.

I am pondering the best position for the riser rail / shower head. I am thinking that having it close to where the cubicle meets the wall will ensure the spray is not directed onto the doors and will give space to 'lather up' out of the spray.

Any views?

Also - any comments on glass thickness - I have seen 3mm and 6mm offered.

Reply to
John

Fit the mixer and riser rail in the middle of a wall. Make sure you get the right sort of quadrant enclosure for the tray.

There are true quadrants and square trays with one extremely rounded corner.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
John

If the head is going to be fixed then you might want to consider off-setting the position of the mixer so that it is not directly underneath the shower head. That way you can turn the shower on (maybe even by reaching in from outside the cubicle) without getting soaked with cold water.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

What's the basis for having the rail in the middle of the wall? Personally, I put them well offset, near the corner; my rationale being that if you consider someone standing in the centre of the shower, the corners are going to be the furthest away from the showerer, ie dead space. Whereas if the rail is on the middle of a wall, that reduces the effective width of the cubicle. Aesthetically I suppose it looks better though...

I suppose like so many things, it's down to personal preference.

Wherever you end up positioning the shower head, it's worth giving a thought to where the shower hose will hang in use; possibly it could end up slightly kinked or encroaching into the showering area.

David

Reply to
Lobster