8 inch skirting mitres

Can I say you buy one and use it befor saying its "Bull"

I watched a joiner using one of these to give him a perfect(not near perfect) half moon profile in the taurus skirting and it was if the joins where done by machine.

So I bought one and it pissed(shaved) through the wood like a knife through butter. You have to shave the shape on the outer face though because sometimes the wood splinters,but it doesn't matter about the back of the taurus as that goes against the wall.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

When they're sharp they're very good. After a while, small boys get at 'em.

Reply to
Guy King

For the large radius in taurus skirting I use a drill of the correct diameter - a proper wood cutting bit to avoid splintering. Then a coping saw.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very good :-)

That'll be a whoosh, then?

So as the advert says, "a taurus tuit can do it"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nope,the wit was crap.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

You'd better make that two - I missed it also. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll get a whole bag of whooshes out of the freezer and defrost them ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Would that be bullsh*t?

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't do mitres or scribe as suggested - do decorative corner blocks - much more interesting as a detail.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

That would be helpful :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

The message from "robgraham" contains these words:

That's OK provided your architrave is thick enough. If it isn't you end up with either no blocks at the doors, or with them flush with the skirting and/or architrave, neither of which looks right.

Reply to
Guy King