48 inch wide interior doors available?

I have a 8 foot wide closet space that I would like to use two 4 foot wide doors on a sliding door track. I want to avoid using three 32 inch wide doors.

Does that sound like a stock item?

Thank you for any help.

Reply to
andy everett

I have seen mirror unit that wide in only 2 panels.

Don't ever recall seeing any other material that wide.

Reply to
Colbyt

If your opening is exactly 96 inches wide would you not need two 48 1/2" doors to fit slightly overlapping without a gap as many doors are 1/8" undersized.

Reply to
EXT

Sounds like a "Special Order" item to me. No big deal to get, you just have to wait. I order doors all the time. For example, it doesn't matter that every house in my nighborhood, probably all within a certain age range in my city us the same size doors as my house (and that is a huge number of houses). But since they are not used in new houses, nobody stocks them.

Reply to
scott21230

You are right, the opening still has to be framed and we would want the doors to overlap slightly.

Thank you for your input.

Reply to
andy everett

I searched online, have to call the local building supply house.

Thank you.

Reply to
andy everett