72 hours to acclimatise cork tiles - are they serious?

Hi,

I was about to re-schedule the order in which I did things, but on looking at the packets of cork tiles I see I am supposed to open them and spread them around the room 72 hours (3 days!) before fixing.

Does it really take 3 days for the tiles to acclimatise to the room?

They have been in the house for months now so are acclimatised to the house in general. It is not as if they have gone from a cold damp warehouse to a hot dry house (or vice versa).

It is also kinda difficult to do anything when the room is full of tiles scattered everywhere.

I think I will scater them around adjacent rooms for some of the time at least :-)

Cheers Dave R

-- Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Do cork tiles still smell like a wet Afghan? They used to.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Nope - just kind of sweet and corky ( a bit like mild filter cigarettes).

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts