616mm Kitchen Work Top

I've just bought a kitchen from MFI preparatory to selling the house. I dislike the MFI worktops - mainly because they cost £75 for 3 metres. The salesman told me that the units I've bought require 616 mm wide worktops and that most sheds only supply 600mm. This turns out to be true.

Does anyone know where I can buy 616 mm stuff at a reasonable price?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Does the MFI stuff actually measure 616mm, or do they use standard stuff, and pad out the gap with some sort of sealing strip ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Howden is part of the same group as MFI and many of their units are the same. I have just looked in the catalogue and they do quite a lot of styles of worktop in 616mm size. Apparently they only supply trade, but I am sure you can either find a friendly builder or blag your way. Regards

Tim

Reply to
deckertim

Possibly cheaper is a circular saw to remove 16mm. Alternatives might be a tiled splashback and a corner bit to meet the worktops.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Yes. I've noticed that Focus do narrow strips of worktop to act as splashbacks. I like the look of it and it saves quite a bit too :->

Cheers

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave