5.5mm nut driver for cordless screwdriver?

I'm looking for a 5.5mm nut driver bit with a standard hex-drive shaft, for doing up M3 nuts.
For some bizarre reason all the sets I've found typically have 5mm and 6mm but not 5.5mm - the latter must be more commonly needed then 5mm, which AFAIK is only used for M3 threaded spacers and D connector jackscrews....
Anyone found a 5.5mm in a set anywhere?
I've looked at B&Q, RS,Farnell,Rapid,Halfords,CPC & Screwfix so far....

I take it you must have one with a shaft attached? 5.5mm is easy enough to find as a socket - perhaps you could get one of those and superglue it to an extension?
--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Superglue! Duh! Maybe he should use a nail instead.

As Longinus said when Jesus fell off the cross
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/f/2/7f2d1a38f87b1d00e462b29f4ffbff0f.j pg
--
geoff

Mike Harrison wrote:

They are very rare. I tend to buy a 1/4 sq drive socket as a spare part from a quality brand. You would also need a 1/4" sq to hex adaptor but there might be one of those in your set anyway. I don't know why 5.5a/f gets overlooked by those who put sets together. 5mm a/f is the standard nut size for M2.5 threads. 6mm a/f is non standard but always present in sets.
An ideal set would be 5mm, 5.5mmm 7mm, 8mm and 10mm for m2.5, m3, m4 and m5, m6 threads respectively Bob
Mike Harrison wrote:

You mean like this?
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/product_info.php?products_id 69
or this?
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID (165
Do you not have Google installed on your pc?
I suppose you do realise you can buy generic 1/4" square shaft drive nut drivers and then just use any socket out of a 1/4" set with them? Every 1/4" socket set I've ever seen has a 5.5mm socket in it.
--
Dave Baker

That's a handheld nut driver, not a hex-shaft driver bit.

Ditto
Since when did you need to install google....

Yes but these tend to be a bit wobbly, and the length makes it less ergonomic when dealing with small nuts.
Mike Harrison wrote:

Whooosh.

<SNIP>
<SNIP> You may not have to install Google, but you have to know how to use it. This first thing anyone should do with Google is set your preferences.
Set the Filtering to "Do not filter my search results"
Set the number of results to 50 or 100
And tick the Open search results in a new window.
Save preferences.
Now see how well Google works.
Also use """" inverted comers.
do a search for nut driver and then try "nut driver"
Baz

'Nut driver' will probably bring up thousands of the wrong thing. If you read the original post, he's already tried the most likely places for what he actually wants - not what someone else thinks he needs. ;-)
--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

London SW

"nut driver" brings up only 1/4 million, where nut driver brings up over a million.
Baz

Are they similar to "all comers" ?

Those are nut drivers - not really what's asked for, I think.
If I've got it right it's a 5.5mm socket but with a hex drive shaft attached - I have seen them.

But it's a hex drive required - possibly to fit an electric screwdriver. And on basic small socket sets the 5.5mm is usually absent.
--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

5.5mm = 7/32", which might or might not help (5.55mm to be precise, which is more than close enough).
If all else fails you could very firmly jam a convertor into a socket with a slip of something.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

There's one in the woolworths set with lots of drill bits and other bits n pieces. Its marked 7/32, which is 5.55mm. Reduced from 20 to 4.
NT

It says "nut driver" in the topic. Duh!

'Nut driver for cordless screwdriver' moron. Not that you'd know the difference. Take a course on how to read more than two words...
--
*Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump *

Please eff off as you are an idiotic plantpot.
Mike Harrison wrote:

<http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/product_info.php?products_id 69> <https://www.buckandryan.co.uk/product.php/section/3026/sn/TRESNAP%2FND%2F55M <http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat cessory%20Sets%20Makita&product122>
A few ideas. At least one would be a major christmas present... :-)
--
Rod

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:02:20 +0000, Mike Harrison

There are plenty of 5.5mm nut spinners out there. Sockets not so many but
http://toolstoday.co.uk/shop.php?sec=prod&prod 03