5.5mm nut driver for cordless screwdriver?

I'm looking for a 5.5mm nut driver bit with a standard hex-drive shaft, for doing up M3 nuts.

For some bizarre reason all the sets I've found typically have 5mm and 6mm but not 5.5mm - the latter must be more commonly needed then 5mm, which AFAIK is only used for M3 threaded spacers and D connector jackscrews....

Anyone found a 5.5mm in a set anywhere?

I've looked at B&Q, RS,Farnell,Rapid,Halfords,CPC & Screwfix so far....

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I take it you must have one with a shaft attached? 5.5mm is easy enough to find as a socket - perhaps you could get one of those and superglue it to an extension?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

doing up M3 nuts.

not 5.5mm - the

threaded spacers and D

They are very rare. I tend to buy a 1/4 sq drive socket as a spare part from a quality brand. You would also need a 1/4" sq to hex adaptor but there might be one of those in your set anyway. I don't know why 5.5a/f gets overlooked by those who put sets together.

5mm a/f is the standard nut size for M2.5 threads. 6mm a/f is non standard but always present in sets.

An ideal set would be 5mm, 5.5mmm 7mm, 8mm and 10mm for m2.5, m3, m4 and m5, m6 threads respectively Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

You mean like this?

this?

you not have Google installed on your pc?

I suppose you do realise you can buy generic 1/4" square shaft drive nut drivers and then just use any socket out of a 1/4" set with them? Every 1/4" socket set I've ever seen has a 5.5mm socket in it.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Since when did you need to install google....

Yes but these tend to be a bit wobbly, and the length makes it less ergonomic when dealing with small nuts.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

doing up M3 nuts.

not 5.5mm - the

threaded spacers and D

A few ideas. At least one would be a major christmas present... :-)

Reply to
Rod

Whooosh.

Reply to
Dave Baker

If I've got it right it's a 5.5mm socket but with a hex drive shaft attached - I have seen them.

But it's a hex drive required - possibly to fit an electric screwdriver. And on basic small socket sets the 5.5mm is usually absent.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You may not have to install Google, but you have to know how to use it. This first thing anyone should do with Google is set your preferences.

Set the Filtering to "Do not filter my search results"

Set the number of results to 50 or 100

And tick the Open search results in a new window.

Save preferences.

Now see how well Google works.

Also use """" inverted comers.

do a search for nut driver and then try "nut driver"

Baz

Reply to
Baz

'Nut driver' will probably bring up thousands of the wrong thing. If you read the original post, he's already tried the most likely places for what he actually wants - not what someone else thinks he needs. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
5.5mm = 7/32", which might or might not help (5.55mm to be precise, which is more than close enough).

If all else fails you could very firmly jam a convertor into a socket with a slip of something.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"nut driver" brings up only 1/4 million, where nut driver brings up over a million.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

doing up M3 nuts.

not 5.5mm - the

threaded spacers and D

There are plenty of 5.5mm nut spinners out there. Sockets not so many but

Alang

doing up M3 nuts.

not 5.5mm - the

threaded spacers and D

For years now I've been using a 1/4 inch square drive socket fixed to the end of a 1/4 inch screwdriver style handle. Dedicated - the two never part company!

Reply to
Bob Eager

If you can find somewhere selling individual sockets you could use

to adapt 1/4" 3/8" or 1/2" drive sockets to hex drive.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Superglue! Duh! Maybe he should use a nail instead.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It says "nut driver" in the topic. Duh!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

'Nut driver for cordless screwdriver' moron. Not that you'd know the difference. Take a course on how to read more than two words...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

As Longinus said when Jesus fell off the cross

geoff

Please eff off as you are an idiotic plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel