45amp DP cooker switch question

I have a wiring question which the group may be able to answer. Can I wire a hob and oven into the same 45amp switch? I currently have an old combined oven/hob plugged into a 32amp switch and was hoping to combine my new (seperate) hob and oven into one switch meaning I don't need to create a seperate 13 amp socket/switch for my new hob......make any sense?

Reply to
mojo

I have to correct my temanology here. When I say combined oven/hob i refer to a cooker (all in one appliance). I have been reading some older posts on this newsgroup but am totally confused......

Reply to
mojo

Yes, provided the switch is within 2 metres of both appliances, and provided that other circuit conditions are met (eg the appliances and their cables are adequately protected by a 45A circuit).

You won't be able to run a hob on a 13A socket anyway.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Might be a gas hob .OP didn't say .:-)

Reply to
Stuart

I run my hob direct from the 45A switch and the oven via a 13A fuse unit.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Apologies been away for a few days and unable to post. Thanks for the advice.

Yes it's a seperate electric hob and double oven.

Reply to
mojo