£30 saved for one screw

Bought an 18V brushless angle grinder from Amazon, noticed they had an "open box" one for £30 off the "new" price, thought their return policy would make it a safe enough bet to send back if wasn't right.
Whoever returned it had obviously scuffed a couple of the corners on concrete/tarmac (which I'd do within 10 minutes anyway) blade was unused, but the guard was missing a screw so couldn't tighten clamp, first one rummaged from the random box of bits was correct thread but a few mm too short, second one was just right, bargain.
Oh and it came with two side-handles, so maybe it was bits from a couple of returns?
Sounds a bit like they used to do at Tandy. I bought all sorts of stuff there for ridiculous money just because the original buyer was too thick to set it up properly Brian
--
----- --
You can still get returned bargains at John Lewis in that way. I got a new and unused Panasonic PVR with £60 off. It, and its remote control, were still sealed in their plastic bags. The reason for return was "no Scart socket". Well, a quick look before purchase at the back of the box in the shop, or online, would have revealed a distinct lack of a Scart socket. :-)

Jeff

On 10/10/19 07:16, Brian Gaff wrote:
On 10/10/2019 08:23, Jeff Layman wrote:

You have to watch them, though. Bought an early Roberts DAB radio at a big discount, it was pretty rubbish. I should have taken it back, but it was a 50 mile round trip and didn't go near them for a while. After a year or two I just binned it.

Says something for JL, then. If Argos, it would simply have been shoved back in the box and sold as new at full price.
--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 21:22:56 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote: "£30 saved for one screw"
I'm sure we're all very happy for you. Birthday treat? Would you like us to chip in for an additional £20 for 'extras'?
Owain
On 10/10/2019 15:17, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

:-)
--