3 Post Valve Problem

I've got what I think is a problem with a 3 port valve on my daughter's central heating system.

There is a plastic lever on the side of the unit that appears it should be able to be moved to different positions but there is no positive movement. I cannot get a good enough view of the front to read any data.

Do these switches have a manual switching facility.

I believe it is an ACL Drayton.

Geoff Lane

Reply to
Geoff Lane

Yes the plastic lever will be the manual facility. FWIK they do seize so maybe when that happens you can't even move them manually.

Jon

Reply to
jsee

Is the heating and HW system not working properly?

There may not be a problem with valve. When the valve is in the HW position, the lever can be used for moving it to the mid position. If it is already in the mid or CH position (which it may be, depending on what the system is doing at the time) the lever will flop about. This is quite normal.

Reply to
Roger Mills

This one, the plastic just appears to bend slightly so I think it is knackered.

Geoff Lane

Reply to
Geoff Lane

At the moment the hot water works ok but the rads only heat up when the hot water is on, otherwise they are cold.

Unfortunately its position seems ok to replace but the lid is facing away and I cannot read any settings.

The lever does appear to flop about.

Geoff Lane

Reply to
Geoff Lane

Thanks for the info guys, it turned out to be a piece of cake to replace, location easy to get at.

All working fine now.

Geoff Lane

Reply to
Geoff Lane