3-gang back box

I have a 3-gang isolator switch for extractor fan and need a back box, looking on ebay visually the one that would appear to fit is for a

1-gang (they dont give dimensions)

Would that be the correct size?

Reply to
ss

without dimensions being given it is not possible to answer your question.

What are the dimensions of your isolator switch?

Ash Burton

If you mean a 3-pole isolator switch usually they are standard single faceplate size (86 x 86 mm approx) with fixing screws 60.3mm apart.

double is 146 mm wide.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

As many 3 gang switches come with the same faceplate size as a single gang, it may be, probebly is, a standard single back box you are after.

Also, I think you mean a 3 pole, single gang isolator; albeit with a wide toggle. Still likley to fit on a single back box.

Reply to
Graham.

Yup - the isolators for fans are typically designed for normal single backbox.

Reply to
John Rumm