25w ES Low Energy Lamp - does it exist?

Hiya,

Following on from the existing low energy lighting thread - does anyone know where I can find a ES 25w (or similar) low energy lamp from? I found one place, so I know they exist, but they were asking crazy money!

Screwfix produce 25w BC for £3.99, but only go up to a 15w in ES. B&Q have a

20w ES lamp, but it's expensive.

Thanks for any tips!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Ahh answered my own question - TLC sell 'em. Silly me.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

They sell them at

at a good price.

How do I know? I ticked the wrong box and bought one when I really wanted bayonet! d'oh!!

Anyone know if you can get ES pendant lamp holders relatively cheap?

Reply to
Al

They sell them at

at a good price.

How do I know? I ticked the wrong box and bought one when I really wanted bayonet! d'oh!!

Anyone know if you can get ES pendant lamp holders relatively cheap?

Reply to
Al

They sell them at

at a good price.

How do I know? I ticked the wrong box and bought one when I really wanted bayonet! d'oh!!

Anyone know if you can get ES pendant lamp holders relatively cheap?

Reply to
Al

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Castorama, Leroy Merlin or somewhere like that. They have stacks of them.

You should be careful about the quantity that you bring back, though. More than 90 and UK Customs will think that you are selling them on the black market :-) .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Saw a 30W ES one in Homebase on Saturday, £9 or £9.99. They didn't have a BC version of it or I might have bought one.

The problem with higher power ones is the heat from the tube tends to fry the electonic control gear. In the US, they usually have some comment on the packaging saying the higher powered ones mustn't be used base-up, or that their life will be reduced if used base-up. (They do have ones well above 30W too.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel